St. Claudine Thevenet lived in the 18th century in France. She witnessed the horrors of the French revolution. She realised that the cause of all violence is ignorance and lack of faith in God. She founded the Congregation of Jesus & Mary and dedicated her life in making God known and loved…
St. Claudine Thevenet opened her heart and door to the orphans, especially the girl child. Her Sisters carry out this noble task of imparting an education in Love. St.Claudine’s feast is celebrated on 3rd February.
Prayer to St. Claudine God our Father, You granted Saint Claudine Thevenet
an intimate experience of Your merciful goodness and You called her to dedicate her life
to the education of the young, giving her the grace to draw from the heart of Your Son
an ardent zeal to make Jesus & Mary known and loved.
Help us like her, to be witnesses to your love, given over to the action of the spirit
and open to the needs of our brothers and sisters, especially the most deprived.
Grant us through her intercession and for the praise of Your glory, the grace for which we now pray.
(Pray for your personal intentions) Saint Claudine, pray for us.
- The Religious of Jesus & Mary have been serving India since 1842.
- They commit themselves to the promotion of a more just and humane society in our country.
The inspiration provided by their Foundress, Claudine Thevenet, since 1818, continues to strengthen their commitment.
- In the India of today, the pressures of communalism, poverty and exploitative structures make it imperative to equip the students with not only intellectual skills, but also attitudes imbued with social, moral and spiritual values.
- Their commitment to this kind of education is made in order to serve specifically the young and among them the poor.
- They seek to make their students conscious of their rights, while imbibing in them the struggle to face ongoing oppression and exploitation.
- They invite collaborators, students and parents to work with them in realizing their challenging vision of bringing about a new India.